Looking for more information about using this lab?
Photovoltaic Reliability Lab
In reducing the levelized cost of electricity, lowering the degradation rate and preventing premature failures of PV modules are as equally important as efficiency. ‘Design for reliability’ is the foundation of various research activities performed at EnergyVille in the field of PV module reliability.
EnergyVille conducts in-depth reliability testing of the next generation of PV module materials and technologies. While we are applying standard accelerated test methods, our work goes beyond, establishing new tests and supporting the development of new standards. We design targeted reliability studies to investigate the weak points of the materials or technologies. By combining opto-electrical characterisation with destructive material analysis, we are able to uncover the underlying failure modes.
Walk through this lab
For whom is this lab interesting?
- Companies that develop new cells and cell interconnection technologies
- Producers of module materials (encapsulant, sealant, glass, coatings)
- Development of new production technologies in module manufacturing
- Construction companies looking to validate BIPV solutions
- PV power plant owners, operators and energy providers looking for expertise in reliability and extended reliability testing and fault diagnostics
What can you use the lab for?
In-depth reliability testing of the next generation of PV module materials and technologies.