Looking for more information about using this lab?
Digital Grids Emulation Lab
The power grid is an indispensable part of our energy supply. At EnergyVille’s Digital Grids Emulation lab, we conduct tests to improve our medium- and high-voltage grid, ensuring reliable operation of our future. The scale and complexity of our power grids make it difficult to experiment with new functions and optimisations in practice. Therefore, EnergyVille’s Digital grids emulation lab provides a controlled test environment that combines an advanced simulation environment with the latest technologies. Innovations are tested on this simulation platform for their reliability before we move on to field testing. This way we limit the risks in terms of functionality and investment costs.
Who is this lab interesting for?
- Transmission system operators
- Distribution system operators
- Developers of renewable energy applications
- Technology manufactures
- Engineering firms
- Industrial players in energy
- Aggregators or VPP
What can you use the lab for?
- Pre-tender or pre-certification validation for new grid applications
- Performance and configuration testing of new equipment
- Root cause and reliability investigation of failure modes
- Staff training (operational and equipment configuration)
- Verification of grid interoperability
- Grid code and standard-based compliancy
- Representation of customer technology and grid situations amidst (future) risk scenarios
At the centre of the lab are real-time power system simulators that have the capacity to represent the high-voltage network in real-time. These simulators allow us to test and validate real hardware such as new controllers or security technologies. In addition, the lab examines many other issues:
- Protection of high-voltage AC and DC
- Secure and compliant digital solutions for smart grid applications
- Validation of experimental applications such as technology prototypes for converters.