R&D professional "multi-commodity energy markets and systems modelling with high shares of renewable energy sources"
In the team of ‘Energy Markets’, you will be the expert in integrated Energy (Multi-Commodity) Market and Energy System modelling’.
- You contribute to various and innovative smart grid research and demonstration projects in multi-disciplinary teams.
- You elaborate your research expertise on the crossroads of electricity markets, multi-commodity markets (related to multicarrier networks), and energy system integration, with a particular focus on the economic and market organisation perspective. This implies your knowledge and expertise will cover electricity, heat/cold and gas markets.
- You focus on innovative designs of integrated and/or interacting multi-commodity energy markets with high shares of (distributed) renewable energy sources, storage and demand response.
- You position yourself both internally in the research team as externally as an expert regarding energy market and local energy system modelling and you apply your knowledge to academic and industrial/business contract research projects in an international context.
- You are responsible for the supervision of doctoral students conducting academic research in the same field.
- You publish in peer-reviewed international journals and present your research findings at scientific forums.
- You contribute to the energy market and energy system research roadmaps.
- You hold a master degree in Engineering, Applied Economics and/or Computer Science, with strong mathematical and programming skills.
- You obtained a PhD in energy modelling preferably in the field of multi-commodity markets.
- Experience woth modelling energy markets is a must.
- You have a strong interest in energy technology, renewable energy and energy themes in the broad sense.
- Relevant experience in the energy sector is a bonus.
- You have factual knowledge on how todays’ electricity and heat/cold (European) markets and pricing are designed and regulated.
- You want to study energy markets, energy systems and the changes within these fields.
- You like to act on an international platform and connect easily with other researchers.
- You know very well how to detect research questions in projects and you are able to contribute on a high level to project proposals within your area of expertise.
- You make contact very easily and have good communication and networking skills.
- You are strong in scientific writing and in transferring your knowledge to others.
- You are committed to the development of sustainable energy systems of the future.
- Linguistic requirements for this job: English, knowledge of Dutch is a bonus.
- A position in an eminent client-oriented organization, in the area of innovative technology research and science-backed consulting.
- The opportunity to contribute to putting Flanders on the international map as active knowledge region and thus contribute to sustainable development.
- An interesting salary package complete with extralegal benefits.
Applicaton deadline is 31/8/2017.
You can apply via the VITO website