R&D professional "future electricity market modelling with high shares of renewable energy sources"
In the team of ‘Energy Markets’ you will be the expert in ‘Electricity Market and Power System Models’.
- You contribute to various and innovative smart grid research and demonstration projects in multidisciplinary teams.
- You elaborate your research expertise in the field of modelling and simulating adapted and innovative electricity market design (equilibrium, UC/ED modelling, …), market mechanisms, future regulation and market agent behaviour in an international context.
- You focus on innovative designs of electricity markets with high shares of (distributed) renewable energy sources, storage and demand response.
- You position yourself both internally in the research team as externally as an expert regarding energy market and power system modelling and you apply your knowledge to academic and industrial/business contract research projects in an international context.
- You are co-responsible for the supervision of doctoral students conducting academic research in the same field.
- You publish in peer-reviewed international journals and present your research findings at scientific forums.
- You hold a master degree in Engineering, Applied Economics and/or Computer Science, with strong mathematical and programming skills.
- You obtained a PhD in Energy Modelling.
- Experience with modelling electricity markets is a must.
- You have a strong interest in energy technology, renewable energy and energy themes in the broad sense.
- Relevant experience in the energy sector is a bonus.
- You have factual knowledge on how todays’ electricity markets are designed and regulated.
- You want to study energy markets, energy systems and the changes within these fields.
- You like to act on an international platform and connect easily with other researchers.
- You know very well how to detect research questions in projects and you are able to contribute on a high level to project proposals within your area of expertise.
- You make contact very easily and have good communication and networking skills.
- You are strong in scientific writing and in transferring your knowledge to others.
- You are committed to the development of sustainable energy systems of the future.
- Linguistic requirements for this job: English, knowledge of Dutch is a bonus.
- A position in an eminent client-oriented organization, in the area of innovative technology research and science-backed consulting.
- The opportunity to contribute to putting Flanders on the international map as active knowledge region and thus contribute to sustainable development.
- An interesting salary package complete with extralegal benefits.
Application deadline is 31/8/2017.