Marketing and Communications Officer
Location: This position can be based out of our Eindhoven or Amsterdam regional offices.
Implement Marketing & Communication plans for InnoEnergy Benelux and our three business lines as follows:
- Strategic Marketing planning:
- The creation of a strategic marketing plan based on business strategy will be a key component of this role. Working with the CEO and the marketing director to support our ambition to generate revenue, monetise our assets and become a market led organisation are key ingredients.
- Promotion of InnoEnergy in Benelux:
- Produce an annual marketing and communications plan. Produce and update collateral such as the website, support corporate newsletter content, disseminate market related trend data and other relevant market information. Support the regional CEO in the organisation of events, related to the promotion of the thematic fields.
- Co-ordinate and implement the annual recruitment campaign of the Master’s and PhD schools, in collaboration with the Education Sub Brand Leader, education officer and programme directors. The actions range from creating a regional marketing plan to the organisation of events, attending external events, follow-up of generated leads, updating of digital and conventional marketing collateral (such as: brochures, videos, website content, social media, etc.)
- Produce communication support material such as flyers, success stories, for the promotion of the innovation projects. Co-ordinate and arrange the participation in energy related events with the innovation teams as well as supporting the Sub Brand Leader for Innovation Projects for the “Investment Round”. Responsible for developing the regional marketing plan for innovation.
- Business Creation Services:
- Support the Business Creation team and the Sub Brand Leader for Business Creation with regional marketing plans, events and actions related to recruiting entrepreneurs, as well as effective promotional tools.
- Identify and establish relationships with local target groups such as InnoEnergy partners, students, industry, researchers and entrepreneurs.
- Manage relations with local marketing related suppliers if not managed centrally.
- Manage the marketing & communication database related contacts such as journalists, and key influencers such as target groups.
- Build rapport with local media and associated journalists in order to support pan-European and regional PR and thought leadership strategies.
- Ensure wide and coherent deployment of InnoEnergy corporate brand identity within the Benelux region.
- Implement the InnoEnergy brand guidelines and compliance to established brand norms.
- Support in the development of a sub-brand strategy with partners.
- Support the production of Europe wide marketing collateral ensuring a “one-company” approach.
- Where relevant, support the process of “localisation” with marketing material and campaigns ensuring the needs of audiences in Benelux are met.
- Contribute content to the InnoEnergy newsletters, website, social media and other relevant publications.
- Play a leading role in developing a regional marketing & communication annual report as well as marketing & communication annual plan and executing this with the central marketing team, Sub-Brand leaders and the CEO of Benelux.
- 3-5 year’s relevant working experience in a strategic marketing and communications role within the B2B sector.
- Experience in the energy sector or technology or start-up/innovation related environments desirable.
- Degree qualified. Master or Postgraduate in Marketing and Communications or a Marketing Diploma is a plus.
- Fluency in regional languages (e.g. Dutch) and English both written and spoken is a must plus the ability to speak any other Eastern European languages is highly advantageous.
- Comfortable in performing in a changing environment of a dynamic and fast growing matrix organisation.
- A keen interest and hunger to understand all activities related to marketing strategy and communications of a multinational organisation covering education, innovation, acceleration of start-up businesses and integration of university with industry and entrepreneurship.
- Looking forward to leveraging and empowering communities across different regions and to proactively lead and own the implementation of the marketing and communication activities of the Benelux region.
- Interested in contributing with creativity, thinking “out of the box” and hard work execution ethic to support the implementation of the marketing and communication plans in Benelux.
- Willingness to develop a close team working relationship based on an open, honest and transparent communication.
- Willingness to travel across Europe for quarterly European Marketing meetings and online weekly meetings.
- A work ethic to make things happen and not shy of long hours as and when required.
This innovative organisation requires a flexible person who is comfortable in a multicultural environment, and happy with a flexible job description which will enable her/ him to develop a wide set of professional skills in a dynamic and results oriented environment. Marketing strategy experience is vital as is a “can-do & hands on” approach.
A full understanding of the end-to-end marketing process is an important factor. Therefore, knowledge of defining customer segments, managing a research (voice of the customer) competitor analysis before creating positioning and communications strategies are pivotal to this role.
The position will report jointly to the CEO of Benelux and to the European Marketing and Communications Director.
The job of Marketing & Communications Officer Benelux is a full time permanent position.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.